Our beautiful Sanctuary is available for concerts, lectures, unions and other events.
Most events at the church take place in the Sanctuary, a KSBA design with a wood-beamed ceiling and interior cross plan. The Sanctuary, built in 2000, has a wide center aisle and holds a 40 pipe Luley type organ. Four large Hunt Studio designed stained glass circular windows illuminate the Sanctuary.
We are fortunate to have lively natural acoustics that support and enhance the speech and music available or the spoken and sung responses of the congregation. The acoustical characteristics of the worship space provide beneficial reflections of sound, and it does so without introducing acoustical faults such as echoes.
Use of the Sanctuary Includes:
* Concert events: generally three (3) hours of use, including setup and break down.
* Wedding ceremonies typically last 25-30 minutes. Sometimes, we schedule more than one ceremony at our church on the same day. Our policy is to allow three (3) hours for each event. If your ceremony is at 2:00 pm, for example, the Sanctuary would be reserved for you between 12:30 and 3:30 pm. A 45-minute rehearsal is included (pending availability).
* There is one small conference room that can be made available with prior arrangement.
* The Church does not permit balloons inside or rice/bird seed tosses outside the sanctuary.
* The fellowship hall with full size kitchen on the lower level is available at additional cost.
* Only street parking available.
All organizations will be held liable for any damage to the building, furniture and equipment while being used by the scheduled organization.
The Aspinwall Presbyterian staff has the authority to expel any individual or group who is abusing the privileges granted to them by the Church.
Posters, decoration and any other displays may be permitted only with prior permission. All posters, decorations and any other displays must be completely removed at the close of the event. No tape other than painters’ tape is permitted.
* Aspinwall Presbyterian Church does not make a profit on groups using the facility; however, there are circumstances where groups are asked to reimburse the Church for all direct expenses associated with the use of the building.
* Contributions are requested and encouraged from all non-affiliated, outside organizations.
* Checks are to be made payable to Aspinwall Presbyterian Church
* Contributions made by groups who reserve space and fail to appear without prior notice of cancellation are not refundable.
* Organizations requesting multiple rooms, occupation of facilities for periods exceeding one day, or events involving groups exceeding 100 people will be reviewed separately.
* Aspinwall Presbyterian has established a schedule of contributions which are used to offset the costs of our utilities and custodial services. These contributions are kept to a minimum wherever possible and do not reflect a rental of our facility.
* The Contribution Schedule may be changed at any time by the Church and the new Contribution Schedule will be applied to all new requests as they are made. Requests submitted prior to any Contribution Schedule change will be collected at the prior Contribution Schedule.